10 Aug Award winning PR company hatches 10th birthday plans to give back to businesses
Our award-winning Northampton PR and marketing company Pilkington Communications is celebrating its tenth birthday by holding a series of free training events to help charities, non-profits and small businesses grow.
Our team have ‘hatched’ a new series of 30-minute online training sessions called Turtle Talks. Confirmed so far are sessions on press release writing, new social media app Threads, LinkedIn best practise and how Artificial Intelligence (AI) can support content marketing.
Jessica Pilkington, our Director of Pilkington Communications and Turtle Academy, said: “This year is the tenth birthday of Pilkington Communications which is why we decided to launch our Turtle Talks series – to give back to non-profits, charities and small businesses and help equip them with the marketing and PR knowledge they will need to thrive, expand, recruit and grow. ‘Our success, your success’ is our birthday slogan, so these free sessions are all about sharing our expertise and successes with fellow UK organisations, a perfect birthday present!
Since launching our Turtle Academy, our Pilkington Communications team have scooped several awards including Best Enterprising Business at the Northamptonshire SME Business Awards in June 2023 and West Northamptonshire Business of the Year at the Northamptonshire Chamber of Commerce Business Awards in 2022.
Chloe Finch, PR and Marketing Assistant at Pilkington Communications, said: “I’m really excited about our Turtle Talks, and am looking forward to sharing our knowledge about platforms such as LinkedIn and Instagram’s newest app Threads. Our Turtle Talks will be filled with tips, tricks and the very latest developments and, because they are bite-sized and all starting at 12noon, our delegates will be able to learn while they lunch. See you there!”
The first Turtle Talks to be confirmed are:
- ‘Perfect your press releases and secure media coverage’ – Friday 11th August 2023, 12pm to 12:30pm – https://Turtle-Talks-Press-Release-Writing.eventbrite.com.
- ‘Connect, Recruit, Fundraise: LinkedIn for charities and non-profits’ – Tuesday 15th August 2023, 12pm to 12:30pm – https://Turtle-Talks-LinkedIn.eventbrite.com
- ‘Introducing Threads -10 tips to get you started’ – Tuesday 22nd August 2023, 12pm to 12:30pm – https://Turtle-Talks-Threads.eventbrite.com
- ‘Integrating AI into your marketing strategy’ – Friday 1st September 2023, 12pm to 12:30pm – https://Turtle-Talks-Artificial-Intelligence.eventbrite.com
- ‘Instagram stories: how to use them to engage, promote and link‘ – Friday 8th September 2023, 12pm – 12:30pm – https://Turtle-Talks-Instagram-stories.eventbrite.com
Other Turtle Talks will be released soon, on topics including podcasting, blogging, TikTok and Canva.
If you’d like to learn more about Turtle Academy, or book onto one of these sessions, head to https://turtleacademy.co.uk/#turtletalks